Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Current Nightly Skincare Routine (Featuring Neutrogena, L'oreal +more!)

I know that birth control pills can be a bit of a divisive topic among certain political affiliations, but in all honestly birth control is the only thing that has genuinely helped with my acne. It clears and prevents it in ways no topical product has ever seemed to do. At the moment, however, I've run into a bit of a problem because I've been living in Germany for the last 7 months, and I only came over here with a four month supply. Probably packed too much clothes..

In any case, I've been breaking out quite badly lately, particularly in the chin/jawnline/lower cheeks area (which is not somewhere that is usually problematic for me). I've assembled a bit of a super team in an effort to try and control the acne until my dr appt. next week to get a new BC script.



For my nighttime routine, I like to start off in 1 of 3 ways (so high maintenance, amirite?) For cleansing, since my poor clarisonic broke (FOR THE SECOND TIME!), I bought one of those facial cosmetic brushes from the drugstore. So I either 1. use that with my SebaMed PH balanced foam cleanser**, 2. Use my Neutrogena cleanser/mask duo as a cleanser, or 3. 2 -3 nights a week I will use the Neutrogena as a five minute mask.


**I find the Neutrogena cleanser a bit to harsh to be used with a brush, so I opt for the gentler of the two options







After this, I use a (1)neutrogena toner to settle the skin and get a little medication in there, followed by my L'oreal Skin Perfection serum, my 40 Carrots sleep cream, and then some retinol eye gel if I've feeling luxurious (which I'm usually not ha!). If I have any really bad active spots I will spot-treat with my LaRoche Posay Effaclar Duo spot treatment (which I absolutely LOVE and high reccommend).

   

So, there you have it! My nighttime skincare routine. I hope this was helpful to any of you with skin like mine, or even skin not like mine (now you know what NOT to use :p) Keep in mind, skincare is an everchanging things--as far as products are concerned as well as your own individual skin. What works for you make not work for everyone, so keep experimenting until something clicks! And seeing a dermatologist, if you have the means, can also be helpful.


LG
Bis nachstes mal,

Expat

No comments: